Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend Update

Another week begins. It's time for the weekend update. I had to switch up my normal routine from 1. check email, 2. facebook, 3. read Texags, 4. Blog to just 1. Blogging first to ensure I have enough time to finish.

Friday, I went and visited my very good friend Karen, who is definately not mentioned on here enough (which I get in trouble for), at Hastings, her place of employment. While waiting for her to get off, I went through the used CDs and found Matchbox 20's "Yourself or Someone Like You" marked $.49. I checked with Karen and it was marked correctly. So I scored the CD for 2 quarters. Add me to the long list of people that already own this CD, which is sure to include 90% of America's girls... After some more festivities at 1713, I returned home to find an envelope taped to my door. I pulled it off and carried it inside where I quickly tore into it. I had a feeling I knew who it was from...

"Dear all [Jason, Kasey, Kelly, Gage, Tiffany, Chris, Kevin, Karen, and the four other kids whose signitures I couldn't decipher]:
Thanks for the card and the lovely parting gift. I cannot tell you how surprised I was to receive them both. Although, Living here the last 15 months has been a blast, alas my roomates and I have decided to vacate Fox Meadows #21. Sorry if Becky, Leslie, and I were somewhat antisocial (well, maybe not Leslie)-the three of us just kind of like to do our own separate things. Anyway, be cool, stay loose, have a good one, and all that jazz...

Mary

P.S. Sorry for the sh**y stationary"

Claire had written back! Something I hadn't expected at all! It made my night, I hope it made her day too. I was surprised that she didn't address the fact that we call her "Claire"...

As I walked to my car Saturday morning, I noticed through the open living room window how barren apartment #21 looked. I have to admit, my heart sank a bit, I'll miss those guys. Gage's family was in town this weekend, helping her move to the new house. I also assisted where I could. This house has a huge living room. Calan and I agreed they should get some stadium seating going on in there. I'm excited about this house and the possibilities. MB arrived in town on Saturday, I hadn't seen her in a while (apparently someone else I don't mention enough). The rest of Saturday included the fantasy football draft, food, Double Dare and some bowling.

Sunday began at church. After church I went home and watched Double Dare (my TV only left that channel briefly for Tom & Jerry on Boomerang this week). I'd gone into the living room to eat lunch and perhaps receive some entertainment from the TV. I in no way thought I was going to witness history. But it happened! At the end of the game, both families were tied 325 - 325. As the host revealed that this had never happened before, he got a slight twinkle in his eye, signaling to telling me that his crazy side was about to take over. He announced he'd let both families combine and go through the obstacle course at the end for double the prizes. Was this guy nuts? The families only made it to obstacle 6 out of 8, mainly because the red mom took forever finding a flag in her pizza... I bet the blue team was glad their mother wasn't so worthless. But still, I'm glad I was there to see it, surely one of sport's greatest moments and something to tell the grandkids about. Sunday I ventured to the other Hastings to see if they had the OC Season 1 to rent, since Disc 1 and 2 had been stolen from the Hastings in College Station... No luck there either. But while I was there, I recieved weird call 2 and 3 for the weekend. It seems that the lines got crossed once again. First I talked to a guy looking for Billy when Tiffany was calling, the second call was from Jason, but I answered the phone and all I heard were Chinese words coming from an Asian woman. Cingular, you've got to stop while I still have my sanity. In other news, I was trying to find Dooley a place to live and I IMed a guy from facebook about it, but he was away. I immediately regretted doing so and had to block him because I realized he may look at my profile to figure out who I am, which would then take him to my blog, which would reveal that Dooley fires guns in the house, leaving him with little reason not to reject him from moving in. However, Dooley was able to find a house on his own. It seems that a man that lives a few blocks down from Karen recently got divorced and needs a roommate to split the living costs with. It sounds as if he needed a drinking buddy too, which I'm sure Dooley would fill nicely as well. Him being within walking distance of Karen's house is cool though. I met Kevin, Jason and Kasey at the driving range that night. My skills are improving, thanks to some instruction from Kevin. After that I went back to my house and Kevin arrived a short time later. He was carrying 5 pizzas and 2 things of crazy bread! "Whoa Kevin, are you hungry?" He explained that he went to Little Caesars and apparently he picked the right time to go. They liquidated the rest of the pizzas they had left over for $10. I told Kevin that I loved him. It was the most glorious sight I'd ever seen...

Lastly, Happy Birthday Gage!! And also, welcome back to CS Robert! It's Gage's 21st birthday, we're gonna party it up at the new house. It's gonna be off the chain. Se y'all there.

No comments:

Post a Comment