Thursday, August 18, 2005

Number Sickness

I feel like I'm going to throw up. And when I do, I'm not going to be surprised when a bunch of numbers come out. Claudio and I had to do a tape audit today. That consists of going through all 4000 of the tapes and reading off their Serial Numbers and making sure they were in the correct slot. You have no idea how nauseating reading out thousands of numbers can be. My brain hurts. Numerical Warfare would probably have similar effects on the enemy as that of Chemical Warfare. I feel incapable of typing out an intelligent entry and I surely don't feel like thinking hard enough to do so.

Bingo last night was fun, we didn't win, but I didn't expect to. I did come out smelling like smoke though. All my Calallen dawgs are coming up here tonight, we'll hang out just like old times. But then tomorrow after work, I am outta here, headed back to Corpus. Glad everyone from Corpus decided to come up here right before I leave to head down there... At least I get to take my Penny with me.

Kitten pretty much hates Nick now. Anytime he opens his door, she runs into my room and jumps onto my desk or my lap. I think she's just using me to get back at him for leaving her all last weekend. Nick left town again today, I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm sure she'll hate us both after this weekend. Tiffany is taking care of her, so I'm sure they'll be best friends now. Fine with me, that cat's affection is somewhat of a curse. Maybe I'll be able to type on my computer without her "helping." More importantly though, maybe my Little Homies will finally be safe from the reign of terror that Kitten has recently brought to all of the residents of my desk.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Hi Chris, I love your blog! Thanks to your instructions, I learned how to comment about it. That previous comment awhile back from Nick's mom (the one about my not liking you) was not really me. It was from my daughter, mb, posing as me. I am sure you already knew that. Anyway, I will try not to make this too long (not like my typical IMs which Nick never reads). Since Nick and Mary Beth are both on their way to Miss., I figure it is safe to talk about them. Back to the point of this whole comment...I do like your blog. It is funny and entertaining. You are right about Kitten too - why do you think she moved out of my house after 8 yrs? She hated all of us here after awhile. I bet by the time Nick gets back from 'sippi, she will really be screaming. I wonder where Kitten will move next. Well, take care, Chris and friends and do study sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 PM

    I totally know what you mean by the number buisness. Two summers ago, I had to work at my Dad's Job for the summer and my job once a week was to count rebar! I had o make sure there were 250, the thickness of a nickle, in each pile...by marking it with a paint pen! Talk about exciting! Anyways, thanks for being old with me last night, and tellin everyone about the BINGO mishap and the pinguin (however you spell it) story! Anyways, if i dont talk to ya tonite you be careful all weekend in C Town! And i hope your Garfield clock and Kitten are safe while you are away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:12 AM

    so its my turn again to tell you kids about work matters. since justin and thomas switched schedules today and justin didnt wake up until 815 when i called him, there was nothing to do today except the stuff that was printed yesterday so all we had to do was take stuff to sims. we did pay a visit to our friend thomas owen and our new friend nospeedy (the speed bump we found yesterday). upon entering into the read lab thomas informed us that we can no longer run into his office. unaware of what he means, he peek around the corner to find that the speed bump is laying on the floor infront of his office door making sure to slow down those entering and exiting his office. so heres a warning, make sure not to speed into thomas' office otherwise you might have some serious damage done to your "wheels".

    have fun this afternoon and in corpus and thanks for verbally telling everyone you are taking penny home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some people knew, I'm sorry. Thanks for the heads up about Thomas' office. Don't wanna be hit with another speeding ticket...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not tell about the Bingo mishap. And I did not tell everyone about the penguin thing. I can though if you want me to publish it on here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:14 PM

    You wouldnt dare... And yea i forgot to tell everyone that I also have to hear the juicy details about your life on this thing...and i live 10 min from you ... UGH! But I guess Im just not high on the priority list! Why dont you tell eveyone the story about how "your crew" in the canoe sunk ... TWICE! Ok, you abandoned ship once and sunk once! Free advice: dont ride in the canoe with Chris! Anyways, I hope you kids have fun in ctown and Im really sad that you wouldnt let Zach marry yall last nite...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why don't you explain why I sunk the time I did Karen? Pretty sure that was your fault. The last few voyages have been fine. I learned that even Captain Henry Morgan, the greatest pirate of all had a few mishaps, but history reveals that 2 out of the 3 times his ships sunk it was most certainly not his fault.

    ReplyDelete