Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Responding to Accusations

If you've read the tagboard or the comments, I have some clarification for you. Did I attack my friend and roommate in the parking lot yesterday? Yes I did. Was it merely because they didn't comment on my blog? Of course not, that's ridiculous. It had to do with Away Messages. Most people don't appreciate something until they don't have it anymore (except Chelsea, truly my best fan). I walked Karen out to her car last night, wiffle ball bat in hand to protect her from the dark, mean streets. When we got there, Nick ran out to join us. They then began insulting my lack of new away messages. It's been over a year since I've made a new Chris' Comment, but in my 2 seasons, I have compiled over 200 which I've been pulling from for the past year and I reuse over and over. Apparently they weren't going to have it anymore, they were tired of reading old away messages and they wanted new ones. I was insulted by these two because of my lack of new away messages. Now let's look at who it was that insulted me. First there was Nick, who is rarely online anymore, because he's too busy pirating movies. But when he was online, his away messages were either boring, generic ones like "Tip the waitstaff, it's not a flippin' hobby" which were reused Over and Over (Did I complain? Nope... Mr. Uncreative) or jokes which he read or recieved via email. At least I made up my own material. Karen is next. Her away messages usually consist of inspirational quotes which she picks from books she's read. That is also not your material. Plus she has about a pool of 20 messages which she selects from. Do you know how many times I've read the same "If you're waiting for Mr. Right..." or "You're a special girl because..." messages? Plenty. I've read the same away messages Over and Over and Over. So many times in fact, that many are engrained into my head, making me sometimes think that I am indeed a special girl and I deserve someone who recognizes that.
So Nick's Messages: Uncreative + Reused = No room to talk
Karen's Away Messages: Uncreative + Reused = No room to talk
Chris: Creative, but reused + Never criticized the other's inferior away messages + Double-teamed in the parking lot = Can attack people with a bat to defend his actions

When I did have new messages, I did not recieve any praise from these 2 kids, but whenever they realize that they're bored of reading the same ones, they then see that their life is incomplete without a daily dose of Chris knowledge. But instead of appreciating what I did do, they immediately attack me and mock me. Yes, I was thinking of doing a new series this school year, but it takes some thought and effort. I've been dedicating that thought and effort to this blog however. And I know that both Karen and Nick read this, but they show no love to me for it or signal that they appreciate my effort (which I would agree is minimal). Some people do let me know that I entertain them through this (which surprised me) and to those people I thank you. Appreciation is a much better motivator than mockery and insults. And that is the point I was trying to drive into their heads (and faces) through the bat incident.

And as for my day? It rained.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Dang Gina! You dont have to hate on us so publicly! Im pretty sure I dont have any messages about being a "special girl", but i am glad to know that they make you feel like you are one! Christoper David Hawthorne you know your my MAN! I only pick cause i love you, dont be sad! Im sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I haven't put that one up in quite a while. I'm going to sleep now, but first I'm putting that one up just for you Chel-lo

    ReplyDelete