Monday, August 29, 2005

School's Back From The Summer! School's Back Forever!

It's Monday, August 29th, the first day of school! I am sitting at work waiting for my first class, which begins at 4:10. Nick managed to get into the class, so it shouldn't be too bad. I work with Tiffany again on Mondays and Wednesdays, so that's exciting too. I'm sure we'll have many adventures and exploits. All the little fish are out in full force, as Tiffany and I were walking to Rumours for lunch, I was able to devise a way to determine who was a Freshman. I noticed that the Freshman had too much going on up in their heads, while everyone else seemed to just be walking around. Most of the fish were dead giveaways with their campus map clinched in their right hand making sudden stops and turns. Other fish were identified by their attire. One girl was wearing a nice black dress, way too dressy for the first day of school. Silly fish. Most of the upperclassmen don't wear much more than their pajama bottoms or jeans and a t shirt to class. If you see these little fish, give 'em a "Howdy!" They'll most certainly break into a big, silly grin and return the howdy. I hope everyone had an outstanding first day of school and since I have not had class yet, I'll talk about my weekend.

First, my time spent at Grace this weekend was awesome. I got to meet a bunch of great people and I'm excited about Growth Groups that are upcoming. Clinton moved in on Saturday, once again making our house a home. His dad helped him move in. On my way back outside to get another load, I saw his father admiring Jimi the Llama. "Where did you get this llama?" he asked. I told him that we got it at a garage sale. "I love it. It's gorgeous..." He replied. Yes it is! I went on to tell him how unappreciated Jimi is by most of our friends. What a great guy!

I was able to make it to the second half of the soccer game Friday night (Whoop!). I got to see all 3 goals we scored on our shutout against SFA. As I waited to get into the packed crowd of almost 5500 people, the woman at the gate was checking everyone's sports pass. She'd stop everyone with, "Do you have your sports pass?" Reggie McNeal happened to be entering in front of me. When confronted with this woman's question, he said, "Naw I don't have it..." She looked at him, nodded and smiled, "Go on in," she said. And then turned to me, "Let me see your sports pass." I gave her mine, she scanned me in. If only I had some Heisman hype...then I'd get free sports tickets. What crap.

The University Police Department parked in our 24 Hour Reserved spot, so I wrote them a ticket and left it under their windshield wiper. That's stickin it to the man. What now UPD?
A special shout out to Mrs. C who was cleaning our house top to bottom when I returned home Saturday afternoon. Thanks! Well, I'm off to class with Nick then it's Sbisa time! Can't wait. Sbisa Cookies are the real deal.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 PM

    i think that hugh is the most worthless person ever and he should be fired on the spot. you should not be given a job and special treatment because of who your dad is, or rather was, around here!! what kind of society do we live in around here??? my dad is a fireman, do you think i could get away with just sitting on my ass if i got a job because of him...prolly not while someones house was burning... WORTHLESS!! hey hugh, get off your ass and do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Sbisa Cookies! What a day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Hi, Chris! You, Nick and Clinton are welcome for the housecleaning. I'm happy to hear that you appreciated it! I actually enjoyed doing the cleaning - it was the least I could do for you ummmm...hard-working college kids. I wish I could have met Clinton and his dad before I left, but I hope I will get to later on. I am sorry for washing Nick's coaster which wasn't waterproof, and turning Kitten's litterbox around backwards. Kitten let Nick know about that. Nick's room was last and I guess I was in a bit of a hurry by then. Thanks for the thank you, though. Now, study a lot and behave, and if you can't do that, at least have a great semester!

    ReplyDelete