Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday, Fall and Football

The summer is winding down, I took my final today, so I am officially on summer vacation for the next few weeks! Now if only I could get out of this work... With fall comes football. 29 Days and 4 hours until kickoff in Clemson. I'm so pumped for Aggie Football. I've been like this all summer, today Justin brought up the Reggie vs. Vince debate, so that got me fired up. Since I had to go train the nerds, I pointed him in the direction of this article. It's the only one that I've found that speaks the truth about the two. I doubt many of you care about Reggie or Vince, but I do. Robin had a talk with some people and the balance of power has been restored. They have eliminated my dealings with the big nerds. I simply call down there and ask for 2 people and they are delivered promptly to my doorstep. I got 2 Kyles today, they were likable characters. I struck up conversation with them which ultimately went back to football... They pretended to know what I was talking about. I like it when people let me talk. I've noticed now as I walk down the hall, past the nerds' window, I get the head nod from them. I also received the nod as I walked past some of them to enter our building. They were out smoking on the back dock (maybe they aren't nerds at all because smoking makes you cool...). I feel a sense of acceptance from those on the other side. Perhaps I can bridge the gap and I'll know people at the company picnics other than the 40+ year old women...

Anyway, it's been month-end this week which means that several boxes of reports have been needing transport. This usually requires the use of a dolly that folds down into a cart. Upon the discovery that after unloading the boxes at the appropriate offices, the dolly makes a pretty sweet skateboard/scooter, I've enjoyed month-end. I have yet to come to the realization that I am now a senior in college (whoop) which means soon I may have to be an adult thrusted into a position where riding the office equipment and singing 80's rock ballads in the hall is not acceptable. I have learned though that a little harmless fun isn't going to hurt anybody and may be the only motivation a worker has to actually do his mundane job (other than losing their means of income.) I think that's a lesson that most of the people here missed, I'm trying to teach them though.

Driving today I saw a car all decorated with shoe polish on the window saying, "Honk if it's my birthday." How am I supposed to know if it's your birthday? I calculated my odds and realized there's probably about a 364/365 chance (I didn't know how to factor in leap year) that her birthday is not today, so I didn't honk. Hope I made the right decision, otherwise I'd feel like a jerk. Also, I noticed that a "Kelsey for SBP" sign remains on the corner of University and 6. It's been there for about 4 months. I'm getting pretty sick of looking at it, it should have been taken down back in May, I think I may have to do something about it this weekend...

Lastly, our fantasy football league draft is tomorrow and we're still needing 3 players. So, hurry on over and join the Pigskin Pirate league. http://freemeeting.0.football.nfl.com/splash/invite/1520/21247/6810883a11d1829d3fed9a9f90f998bc
That's the link, join, tell your friends, it'll be rockin. And the password is argh. Whoa...that's a long link...

Alright Kiddos, have a great weekend whatever you're doing. I'll be around CS, doin what I do. Helping 1713 move if they allow me, it seems Tiffany is mad at me for joking that I'd be in Corpus the day they were moving to avoid helping and my punishment is not getting to help. Shucks... And Claire's present was left on her doorstep last night. It was gone by 7:30 this morning. Thanks to all those who signed it. I'm sure it brightened her day. It is time to go home and celebrate the weekend and the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment