Friday, August 19, 2005

Claire's House: From the inside

I was in Claire's house last night! After hanging out with the kids from Cal-town, Zach, Kevin and I went back to my apartment where we met Penny. As we were walking into my apartment, my nose caught the odor of fresh paint, upon touching Claire's door I realized that it had a fresh coat of paint on it. I then decided to turn Claire's doorknob to see if it was unlocked. I pushed it open slightly and stopped because we weren't sure if anyone was in there. Kevin suggested that I ring the doorbell. I decided to take his advice, I pulled her door closed, rang the bell and we immediately ran in my apartment pulling the door closed behind us. I waited at the peephole and waited for someone to come to the door, no one did. Kevin then ran out and proceeded to ring the door bell over and over. I shut the door behind him as he ran in. It was then I realized that they also have a peephole and someone could be standing at theirs watching our antics without us even realizing. But Kevin reported from the peephole that all was quiet from across the hall. So we slowly creeped out, I shoved the door open and looked around the dark living room. It was empty. We filed in the dark house and dispersed. It was empty aside from some paint cans and a plastic tarp. I called Nick to let him know where we were and that our dream had been fulfilled. I walked through the dark, eerie apartment, using my cell phone as a source of light searching high and low for a souvenier for Nick. But alas, my search was fruitless. He'll have to just be satisfied with the picture of us that Penny took. Being in the empty rooms was creepy. If those walls could talk...Claire probably wouldn't have talked back...

In other news for the night, I kicked Zach's butt in NCAA 2006, the boys beat the girls in Friends trivia game, and Tiffany definately needs to get a duck to solve her caterpillar problem.
I was awakened this morning around 9:30 by the sound of a ladder being thrown against the wall right by my window and then the CLANK CLANK CLANK of the man climbing it. He then began beating on my roof. I tried the burying my head with the pillow again, but it was useless. I finally decided to crawl out of bed when they started beating on my wall. Why are the roofers beating on my wall? Perhaps they moonlight as Wallers... Anyway, hopefully after today they won't be hanging around Apartment 19 anymore. I left my apartment a little early and carried my computer into the nerds to fix. Hopefully they'll be able to get rid of the viruses and spyware and whatnot while I'm in Corpus.

I came into work and ate my "Authentic Mexican Food" microwave dinner. Authentic...right. Shortly after finishing up the beef enchiladas, my office phone rang. I answered. Now, I work in Production Control here at CIS. Apparently someone forgot to inform me of my new responsibilities in Aircraft Control. The guy on the phone wanted me to give him clearance to fly over Easterwood Airport's airspace. According to Thomas, College Station is a pretty secure place and you need high clearance to fly over. I figured meddling would probably end up getting me on the news, so I gave the guy Easterwood's number and told them they could direct his call. It appears I have a lot of work to do already without these new responsibilities. It's time for another raise.

I packed most of my stuff this morning for Corpus. We'll be leaving around 5 this evening, putting us in Corpus around 930 if we stop and eat. Penny's been to Corpus before, she's even seen the Selena Statue. Why would a white girl already know about that? Oh well, I'll take her to the Whataburger by the Bay, she's thrilled about that one. I guess I'll be back in CS Monday evening. Have a safe weekend!

Photograph Friday!
















Penny's dressed up in grandma clothes. She doesn't normally dress like this I promise...


















This is my canoe crew in our own Tunnel of Love. I miss the farm. This picture kinda reminds me of my favorite Chilli Peppers' song.

No comments:

Post a Comment