Thursday, August 25, 2005

Normal Day

When I have what most people call a "normal day," it just seems so boring. Today, unfortunately was an uneventful day, I'm very sorry for that. I tried to find excitement for y'all, but in the end I must admit I failed. So I'll share the mundane with you instead.

I love my friend Karen, she's a great, fun girl and she has so many endearing qualities...and a Hastings discount. I found a copy of the old Audioslave cd and only had to shell out $3.70 for it. The CD is pretty rockin. Aside from that, I didn't really do much. Just a lazy summer day. Probably the last. I have a retreat with Grace this weekend, so I'm gonna miss work tomorrow and the first official women's soccer game. I'm kind of bummed about that one, there are very few home games this year. Oh well. Clinton's moving in this Saturday and school will be starting back up. Everything is set up for my senior year.

This summer has been great, as I've said before. I said the same thing about last summer, but looking back there were quite different circumstances. It's amazing how much things can change in a year without you even realizing it. People that you didn't even know a year ago can work their way into your life and become some of your closest friends. And likewise, those who were at the center of your core group of friends let themselves out. You don't expect it. Despite change in circumstances and people, it's still the decisions that you and others make that most directly impact and facilitate change in your life. People that once spoke vehemently against another person, now adore them. People that steadfastly objected to someone's lifestyle or choices now condone or even embrace it themselves. Maybe they were put on the other side of a situation, maybe they just finally gave in to something or gave something up. Whatever the case, this change was a direct effect of a decision they made. And likewise, through this decision, others were affected. Because of this, life is not the same one day to the next. So enjoy what you have now, don't worry about the things you don't. Don't stress yourself out about every thing, problems will pass. And in making decisions, stay true to your beliefs, don't compromise and beware of hypocracy. Because the decisions you make today will form your future. It's very hard to go back and earn a redo. That being said, my life has changed in the past year, but I love how it looks. I know that in this next year, especially at the end of it, my life will be changing immensely. I don't know what the future holds, so I continue to pray for guidance. It's hard to make a regretable decision when you discuss it with the Lord. So, since this is probably my last post for the week, I guess it's time for my senior year to start. I'm ready for it. All you Aggies enjoy your first week of school. And this concludes the seemingly required Somewhat Serious Post of the Week. Hey...at least it's short.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:52 PM

    Thanks for the compliments and Im so glad you love me for my discount...AND most importantly for not sharing our near death experience with all the bloggers! Anyways, it is TOTALLY crazy how much everything has changed just within the last year! We have grown so much close and now I KNOW you like me for me, even though I was told otherwise! You have been such a blessing to me! Just remember no matter what, we will always have ENNIS!!! Good times, good times! Anyways good luck on you SENIOR year, I will enjoy my 2nd one (haha)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:16 PM

    Chris,

    I love you kid! Your blog yesterday was really good, I enjoyed reading it. It is all so true, sometimes you hate to admit it but things change and so do people. This year is gonna be a blast, I know it, so I can't wait!!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete