Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Summer Vacation

Well, I'm back from my 3.5 Day summer vacation to Corpus and all day it's been work, work, work. Penny and I had a great time in CC actually. Saturday we hit up the beach, it was surprisingly a very nice day there. The next couple of days I took her to all the sights. Selena, Whataburger by the Bay, Portland...and of course Krispy Kreme and Fermins! We ate like kings...or probably more like gluttons. We ate constantly. Finally some home cooking for a change and actual good Mexican food. My family loved Penny as much as I do. It was good to see my family again, I hope they can finally make it up here for a football game this year. 11 Days till Clemson!

We arrived safely back last night, no speeding tickets. My apartment was quiet and empty. Dooley's room was completely vacant aside from the note on the closet. "Sorry about the bullet hole. My Bad." And his fan conveniently placed covering the hole in the carpet. Clinton will appreciate it I'm sure. I also found a couple of presents by the dumpster I left for Clinton in his room. 2 crutches were leaning against the dumpster. I took them and convinced Nick they were mine, until I had to give up the story due to Nick's mom's honesty. We ate at Freebirds and the rest of my night was devoted to fountain hopping. We hit the 5 major ones. At Fish Pond, everyone was scared to jump in on account of PTTS' presense. PTTS stands for something like Parking Transportation Services. They're the guys that harass you about parking violations and that nonsense. They're, for the most part, pretty worthless. I'll have more about their worthlessness tomorrow. Anyway, I stepped up and jumped in. Gage dangled her feet in beside me, earning her the "Not as brave as Chris, but more brave than the others" award. PTTS immediately reprimanded me and told me I couldn't be in there. Despite my argument that Yell Leaders get to play in it and I should too, I got out. Appparently PTTS thinks they're in charge of the fountains as well. Oh well, as I got out I said, "Alright...let's head over to the MSC Hotel fountain." Which we did.

I had very little time today where I wasn't working and my computer has been with the nerds since Friday getting fixed. They have it mostly done, they just can't figure out why it's shutting off randomly. It should be ready tomorrow they say. So no time, no computer for now. Thus the short entry.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:21 PM

    BOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 PM

    You didn't convince me about the crutches...I said from the beginning that you were lying about that story

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lie, I had you going. You took Karen aside and asked if I was serious.

    ReplyDelete