Friday, September 30, 2005

Special Getaway

I knocked 2 tests out yesterday...or perhaps they knocked me out. We'll see when the grades come out. That concludes the end of the first round of tests and oh my...I'm in for a long semester. After my first test, I had some time to myself to relax...which I chose to spend in the Bio/Bio bathroom (one of the best bathrooms on campus I'll have you know). Well, it seems that my usual stall was occupied, so I moved down to the last one. You know the one, the so called, "handicapped" stall. I decided I think a better name for it would be the Hummer stall. Because I had all that extra room, but what was I going to do with it? I decided that I had enough room to bring in a table and have a tea party right there. Of course I would have had to bring in another chair for my guest... Bathroom stalls are for the most part, rather cozy. You can't deny it. It's a nice little retreat away from the outside world. For the most part, you're in complete solitude. Best of all, you can keep a watchful eye on those on the outside through the conveniently placed gap by the door hinges. Just so you can keep track of what's going on out there, who's washing their hands and who isn't...stuff like that. But this was my moment of solitude, I tried hard to drown out the guy next to me, let's call him Blue Flip Flop Guy since that's all I really know about him. BFFG must have been the fastest reader in the world, I thought as the sound of him flipping pages in a newspaper returned every 5 seconds. Soon it was time for me to go, as I didn't want to overstay my welcome. I took my backpack from the corner of my large, luxorious cubicle and proceeded to Ag Cafe and to the rest of my day. Sometimes you just have to get away. And while Hawaii is out of the way, the Bio/Bio Bathroom is always there for you to go close your eyes and enjoy a momentary vacation. And if you listen closely, I swear you can hear the waves.

Kevin and I went bike riding last night (Special shoutout to Merriam for not hitting us with the bus). We cruised the campus, made some adventure, it's a good, fun workout. Crawling up the ladder in the parking garage, opening the hatch, peeking my head up and coming face to face with a video camera...that just doesn't happen working out at the Rec. To end the night, we rode our bikes down the ramps to the bottom of the parking garage where we saw a nice blue alarm light going off. We're nearly positive that we were the cause for that.

Now this is the part of the blog where I remind everyone how bad we're going to beat Baylor. I anticipate a beating by at least 30 points, a larger margin of victory would not surprise me. But here's the prediction: Aggies-54, cubs-24. I can't wait to make all those jerks eat their words. But first thing's first. Our ladies have to take care of Boise State tonight at the Aggie Soccer Complex. Game's at 7, I'm headed there after work to meet my hooligans an hour and a half before the game starts. My parents are then coming to town, which I'm super excited about. I finally got them up here to enjoy a football game. They don't get the whole Aggie thing. I hope I'm able to show them some good Aggie traditions and a good Aggie time without freaking them out too much. First, I'm taking them to midnight yell...this should be fun.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:11 PM

    Im just a little creeped out by the fact the you go to a bathroom stall to relax... do you also take literature into there too? And you wonder how woman make friends in the bathroom? Thats way less wierd than makin yourself at home where people go potty! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference is that women actually take friends into the bathroom with them...probably to have a tea party. And my bike is purple, I've been told it's "hott." And Chelsea...Baylor sucks at football, when was the last time they won a Big XII Away Game? Oh...never. Word to all of y'all. What now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Nick stomped you in Fantasy Football this week

    ReplyDelete