Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurricanes!

There is a big, bad hurricane coming! Look at this thing, it's huge. Galveston is under manditory evacuation and Corpus residents are closely watching the weather. We've got a lot of Galveston CIS people that were sent here, running in and out hecticly. The announcement about the Texas State game has been postponed until 3PM today. they will then tell us whether the game is cancelled or rescheduled for tomorrow. I've heard from various sources that the game will most likely be moved to 7:30PM tomorrow night, but that's not for certain. If it is moved to then, it'll be the craziest Ring Day ever! Test, get my ring, game time. I'll be keeping an eye on the storm and will be decided whether to stay in CS or head to Austin or Waco for the weekend, just to stay dry. Hurricane road trip! My class for tonight is cancelled because the prof has to go to Pearland and board up his house. So I'll be attending the Tulane soccer game at 7PM. Come out and support the Green Wave!

If anyone read the Batt yesterday, join with me in congratulating the most worthless people on campus for getting published all on the same day. The grad student that was upset that the Batt did not capitalize the F in Farenheit, check this out, I don't even know if I spelled it right. She said that the Batt was taking away from all the teaching done in the classroom by this mistake. It makes me reconsider going to grad school. I dont want to be one of those people. And next was the guy that disagreed with the writer that wrote that Video Games were a dangerous addiction. He argued against the fact that the writer said, "Once the social element is taken away, (video games) have very little benefit." The arguer said to subsitute "cell phones" for "video games" in that sentence because they are harmful too. No dummy, once you take the social element away from cell phones, what else do you have? That's the whole purpose of the phone. His whole argument was dumb. Hey nerd, video games aren't real and are probably harmful in the excess that you play them. Next was the liberal hippie that finished his argument against Bush with the line, "He's living the Bush family nightmare; helping poor, black people." Ugh...how does that get put in the Batt? Lastly, the people offended by the cartoons Ivan Flores draws are back once again. He draws scantly clad cartoons that I'm not really a fan of, but I think it's ridiculous how many people complain. I thought we solved this 2 years ago when I wrote in my sarcastic response to all these arguers. There were a couple of girls on the front of the Batt sunning in their swimsuits. I thought it was ironic how many people were offended by the cartoons, but not about the actual scantly clad people... Oh well. I was going to write into mail call, but I thought I wouldnt get published by calling people dummies, so I write here. Alright kids, stay safe, keep the gulf coast in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. It's official. Gates announced the game is at 7:30PM tomorrow night. We will have yell at 9Pm tonight. Gig 'Em

    ReplyDelete