Friday, September 16, 2005

Smells Like Aggie Spirit

The tent sales are going strong, the traffic on Texas is unbearable, an abundance of old folks are bustling around campus, and there's a sense of anticipation in the air. That can only mean one thing, Football in Aggieland. The first home game is less than 24 hours away, it's going to be nice getting back into Kyle (especially in my nice 2nd-deck-45-yard-line-under-the-overhang seat) and joining with all the other Aggies in yelling for our team. SMU should provide a nice rebound for us since that disappointing Clemson game. But first thing's first. There's plenty going on tonight. First, a 5:15 dinner at Rumours before the volleyball game. Then we'll head over to G Rollie and get our special "Party on the Patio" seats above the masses. Sadly I won't be able to stay for the whole game because it overlaps with First Yell. This year First Yell features Bill Engvall, it should be decent. He's no Bill Cosby though. I'll probably end up being a little late to that, which means I'll most likely miss the choirs and percussion studio...as if I haven't seen them 88 times anyway. Then afterwards, it's midnight yell. My favorite tradition of all. Then after a short night of sleep, it's Aggie Football time! I love gameday weekends! Whoop!

But before the weekend begins, I must endure work. It's just me and Justin today, so it shouldnt be bad. But before today came, I had to endure another day of classes, and another day with my tsip prof. Tuesday, we had an arguement...debate I suppose in class about whether or not Bush was at fault for the situation in New Orleans. According to my prof and the hippie in my class, America is Bush's company and he should know everything that's going on and take care of every aspect. He didn't instill enough sense of emergency in New Orleans before the evacuation... They compared this to the Enron situation being the CEO's fault. I argued that the CEO of Enron only had Enron to focus on, he should have been aware, but America is a big company for Bush to be in control of all aspects, that's why we have more government than just president and the evacuation problems were the fault of someone lower like Governor or Mayor. They just wouldn't agree, but time expired in class. Anyway, yesterday I returned to class and the hippie boy in my class was given the floor by t sip prof. He told the class that he went home Tuesday and was watching the news and I quote, "George Bush took full responsibility for Hurricane Katrina." I told the kid that was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard, Bush is not at fault for the natural disaster. Another girl across the class began arguing with him too, but he wouldn't have it and my prof squashed our efforts and began into class. So I had to turn to my friend Jason and ask him if that guy was serious, "Yeah...that whole hurricane thing. That's my bad." He replies in his W voice, "My bad, that low system front was my doing. Sorry guys." But that is honestly what this dude was trying to convince us. I did realize though that since most people here thing W is God, he may actually be at fault for the hurricane...

In other news, FMBWC is in its trial state of FMBWCEFPWWIIM (Friday Morning Breakfast With Chris Except For Pull Week When It Is Monday). An overwhelming majority passed a 2 week trial starting Monday for FMBWC to be after we pull tickets at 7 on Monday mornings the week of a home game. We'll see how it goes for the next 2 weeks when we have Texas State and Baylor at home. FMBWC went on today though and it was delightful, we welcomed Mary Beth, one of the few girls that have ever attended.

Photographic Friday! I made this the other night with some pictures of Nick because I'd never used some Animation program I had and wanted to. So here you go, though I'm sure most of you have already seen this. It was ugly because of the black background, so I couldn't post it on here, so you have to click here to see it: Cheer Nick, Cheer!

2 comments:

  1. He contemplated it, the 8AM attendence is too early for some. But he was tuckered out from all the dancing, so I let him sleep in...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:23 PM

    why not 10am breakfast, 8am is rather early. But then again I have yet to experience the FMBWC so i cant make any suggestions with no personal experience.

    ReplyDelete