Monday, September 19, 2005

Arrrr!

Ahoy! Well 't seems that September 19 be upon us an' that means one thin'. `Tis "Talk Like a Pirate Day!" T' celebrate this occasion, last night, Nick an' I recorded a traditional sea dog song. I tried postin' 't on here, but be unsuccesful. If ye`re interested in hearin' 't, but haven`t yet, IM me or email me at me chriswilson@tamu.edu address an' I`ll get 't t' ye fer yer listenin' enjoyment. If ye dasn't want t' hear 't in celebration o' this grand day, then ye`re a lily-livered bilge rat that dasn't deserve t' be here. Onward with me bloggin'!

This was a grand football weekend with the Aggies winning big against those poor ponies and the Panthers with a big win at New England! The first home football game was great. Good seats, good friends and after some first quarter nonsense, Reggie and the rest of our team just started clicking. Reggie was in the zone the 2nd half, I'd like to see him stay in that zone, especially when the Longhorns come to town for Reggie's last game at Kyle. Our offense looked unstoppable at times, even considering it was SMU that we were playing... Reggie earned National Offensive Player of the Week honors for his record breaking 449 yards of total offense (349 passing, 100 rushing) 5 Passing TDs (breaking his personal best of 4 that he threw, beating #1 OU in 2002) and 1 Rushing TD. This is Reggie's 2nd straight game with exactly 100 yards rushing. As for the Panthers, look for them in the NFC championship! In other football news, Brett Favre actually stepped up and played a decent game, leading my fantasy football team to a sure victory this week. But more importantly, he threw several balls TMurph's way yesterday as he played in his first NFL game! Whoop!

After the game Saturday, we enjoyed some good fun and food at Peyton's parent's tailgate. We played some dominoes, ate some jambalaya, it was delightful. Friday night was a good time too. It started off with a nice Rumours dinner (the only decent place left to eat on campus, the other dining facilities sold out and they have been getting plenty of feedback from me on their comment cards..) and then it was time for volleyball. We got to sit in the special "Party on the Patio" section. It was a lot of fun, but I sadly we lost and I had to leave early to make it over to first yell. First Yell was fun, not as good as last year whn Bill Cosby was here, but who can compete with Cosby? Then it was time for Midnight Yell. Now I'm not sure if I've ever missed one...well before Friday night that is. We got there at 11:30 and waited in line for the next 30 minutes and our gate still wasn't open. Now I've never had a problem getting in this gate, but for some reason they decided to lock us out. We were still standing outside after midnight yell started. Finally at about 12:20 we got up to the first deck, where Robert and his E2 buddies had some seats saved for us. However, all the dummies on first deck decided to stand in the aisle, preventing anyone from exiting or entering the section. Then...someone dropped the ball and turned the lights out, so I figured it was time to mug down, signaling the end of midnight yell, but it wasn't yet, someone had just jumped the gun. So there I was, standing by the stairs to go up to the seats, behind the big concrete wall, unable to hear anything and pretty fed up with things. So I decided to go home. So that's what we did.

Skipping back ahead to Sunday, we went to early service so we could go and support our other volleyball team, Tulane at 1. It was a good time, we modified some yells to fit them, Roll Wave! Again, sadly we had to leave early and we lost. After growth groups, I followed suit of the rest of my weekend and was a complete bum. I had a plan at the beginning of Friday to do some major reading this weekend. That didn't happen...but I did get to watch Mean Girls. As Sunday night wore on, we were reminded that today was Talk Like a Pirate Day, so Kevin, Nick and I sang together to celebrate and then sang our song to Chelsea. Nick and I soon decided that we were going to need to record this song together as C4 to share with the world. Since we'd been bothering our sleeping roommate Clinton for the past hour, we decided to take my laptop to our recording studio in Nick's 4 Runner. "I'm a pirate, that's for real. My recording studio is an automobile!" If you listen to our song, you'll notice parts where there's a slight chuckle in my voice. The reason? Our neighbor pulled up in their car, noticed the 4 Runner's lights were on and were waiting for us to leave so they could have our parking place. I guess they then saw we were sitting in the backseat and backed up and found a spot on the other side of the full parking lot. I'm sure they know what cool guys they live above... And if they don't, I'm sure Penny brags about what a stinkin' awesome boyfriend she has to everyone that lives up there.

I did my part at work to spread the pirate cheer. Nick asked me upon leaving for work today if I was going to talk like a pirate at work since it would be unacceptable for him to do so at Bennigans. "Aye," I answered, "Do ye be knowing where I work or the scurvy dogs I work with? It won't be seen as weird behavior...I promise." What a grand holiday. Big Ups To Tiffany for following in my footsteps and being published in mail call. She wrote about having quizzes or tests on Ring Day, maybe my tsip prof will read it and change her mind about my test...doubtful. Check it Out: Professors Shouldn't Give Quizzes On Ring Day.

Pulled tickets this morning, 2nd deck, row 26 or so...50 yard line, decent seats. But we couldn't sit with Gimpy Gage since there's a limit of how many people can accompany her to the handicap section. Poor Gage... Then it was the first Monday FMBWC. Peyton joined Clinton, Matt, and I. Matt earned honors for most improved on the grill, I was told I needed improvement in my attitude. It's pirate day, there's no time for manners.

Arrr...that be the end of the post today. Let me know if you would like to hear our pirate tune, it's gotten grea....well it's gotten feedback. And most of that feedback is simply, "Oh wow..."

3 Days till I get my ring...Whoop!!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:49 PM

    I can imagine what your neighbor thought when he or she drove up and you and Nick were sitting together in the back seat of his 4 Runner late at night. It is a good thing that you have Penny to vouch for your integrity, as most of your neighbors probably think that you and Nick are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 AM

    I posted this last night, but it isn't showing up. So, excuse this if it shows up twice.

    I can imagine what your neighbor thought when he or she drove up and you and Nick were sitting together in the back seat of his 4-Runner late at night. It is a good thing that you have Penny to vouch for your integrity, as most of your neighbors probably think that you and Nick are weird. Has it ever occurred to you and Nick that it is things like this that might prevent y'all from making friends in the apartment complex?

    ReplyDelete