Friday, September 02, 2005

Warrick "dunn" good

"Happy Birthday Tiffany!" That's what the sign above my desk says. That's why there are 2 types of cake on the table. Seems like she's having a pretty good birthday. I'd hope so. After the celebration at Harry's, I went home to sleep. I've had bouts with my insomnia again recently. Not too fun. Last night it was after 4:30 before I finally fell asleep. A call at 8 this morning woke me back up and kept me from ever falling back asleep. Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty drowsy this morning. I got no time to nap though. I'm working till 5 this evening, then it's time for some volleyball. And also, Penny and my 2 Monthaversary, I hope she's up for some Aggie Sports...

Mainly though, I am pumped that our first football game is Tomorrow! Finally! I can't wait, A&M - Clemson is going to be one of the best games of this first week of College Football. We're going to surprise some people this year. I know it. The party's going to be at Justin's house tomorrow. After a couple of volleyball games, we're heading over there. I can't wait. I don't imagine sleeping is going to be any easier tonight...

And I can't close out this week without mentioning Hurricane Katrina. I can't believe some of the stuff I'm seeing on tv. In the time people should be uniting, they're fighting. Some of the pictures I've seen makes New Orleans look like a third world country. With the disease and hunger and violence their facing, it's just unimaginable. This is the worst disaster in my life time. They're our neighbors, if you can find a way to help, do it. Some guys on campus are trying to organize some efforts to get donations at the SMU game. It may be similar to the Red, White, and Blue Out from 2001. I'll let you know as information surfaces, there's a meeting on Monday night about it, I'm going to try to make it if my late class doesn't interfere. And I'd like to salute Warrick Dunn, runningback for the Atlanta Falcons. He has a foundation for building houses for single mothers in Baton Rouge. Well, he is so distraught by the situation in Louisiana, he's stepped up and challenged every NFL player (except the Saints) to donate at least $5000 to relief efforts. He said the Flacons had already committed to $260,000. If his goal is met, the NFL players will be able to get together $8.2 million. With so many NFL "role models" making the news because of their negative on and off field behavior, it's good that there are still guys like Warrick Dunn in the spotlight. I say take TO's $50 million contract and donate it all...

No photographs for Photograph Friday, I was trying to get pictures from someone of the snow the other day, but they never got sent to me. I'll see what I can do about that, they may be up later. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend, Gig 'Em Aggies, and keep coastal Louisiana in your prayers.

1 comment: