Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Pop Quiz

I'm not enjoying most of my classes. Two quizzes, two poor grades. They're a lot rougher than I thought they'd be. Aside from my Teachers Pet class, I'm still liking that one. I'm also very disappointed with the lack of comments on here. Slackers.

Well, I went to my new class for the first time Monday afternoon and I was introduced to the class by the following scene:
The professor asks someone to summarize what was discussed in the previous class on Wednesday. No hands go up. "Ok then, does anyone have any questions?" The hands remain down. "Alright," he says, "everyone put your notebooks away and clear off your desk..." Groans fill the class room. I look over at Nick and Janette who are also in this class for the very first time. Finally I raise my hand. Without waiting for him to call on me, I say, "Hey...this is a quiz isn't it?" The class breaks into laughter and is joined by the professor, "Yeah...I can tell you're going to do very well in this class." Perhaps I'd chosen the wrong words. I delicately word my next phrase, "I sincerely hope that I do not have to take this quiz as this is my first time in the class..." The professor tellsme that I could have looked at the sylabus on the internet and known to read Chapter One. Pretty impossible sinceI don't even have the book. Again I choose my words carefully, "Well...that sucks." He agrees. I go on to fail the quiz. After class I ask the other students about it and they said it was questions straight out of last week's lecture. I cry unfair. No one seems to care. Why should they, I'm the class joke. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to that class, but at least it's interesting. My 8AM Marketing class is vrey dry, my professor says a lot, but really says nothing. The next class is nobody's favorite. The professor says a lot, and really says a lot. And any class participation is taken over by Ms. Talks A Lot who everyone grumbles about after class.

Jimi the Llama was stolen from my house Monday night. The thief wrote her ransom demands on the dry erase board. She wanted 2 orders of fried pickles delivered to an address which so happened to be MB's residence. We identified her as the culprit and sprang into action. We reminded her that we do not make deals with terrorists, we terrorize them. Many threats were made and she was ready to give the llama back before I even left work. We turned the tables on her and gave her a deadline of 9PM and told her she'd better arrive with some pickle chips and the llama. But for some reason, the llama disappeared from her house. Through some scheming of our own, the llama was returned safely to our house. MB did not know about the disappearance and therefore thought she lost the llama. So, as the 9PM hour approached, we maintained our threats and deadline as she tore her house apart looking for Jimi. A scheme was crafted as a forerunner of a first attack. We were going to do a minor attack to remind her of the wrath that was to come for stealing Jimi. With a little bit of expired food from the fridge and some creativity I made the following threat which was stuck to the door. On a sausage link I wrote, "Hey you little weenies" followed by "you DONUT want to mess with Jimi," tacked to some bagels. The next note was written on an old hamburger patty, "unless you want beef with us," then on some Kiwi, "you will reap the fruits of your actions" which was attached to some kiwi. The last note that was taped on the door read, "This is not even our first attack. Just letting you know what's to come." Another hamburger was adhered to the door by some cheese and a kiwi was smashed onto the door handle. All in all it was a pretty big mess. After having to clean this up (sorry Audra, Kelly, and Lisa), MB went into a complete panic. I told her brownies and Jimi would suffice, so she baked the brownies and delivered them. We asked her where Jimi was and her lip quivered as she lied and said she'd go get him. I told her that Clinton was in her house right now looking for him. Mary Beth told us that we were being mean, so I reminded her that she started it and we had not even begun yet. Nick and I ate the brownies as we "waited for the call." Clinton was of course in bed, we gave her quite a bit more grief until finally, Karen made me tell her the truth. MB learned that she should not mess with us, I encourage y'all to realize the same.

My days are getting more busy. I was home only for a very brief time yesterday between the hours of 730AM- 1130PM. And the time I was home was spent napping. Tuesdays are going to be hectic with Class all day, Growth Groups, Breakaway and the monthly Silvertaps. I recieved more information about the Katrina Student Mentor program. If anyone is interested in helping out some of the students that are here from Louisiana (I have 2 in one of my classes from Tulane. And I saw the Tulane Volleyball team wandering around the MSC today) go to this website: arc.tamu.edu. ARC is sponsoring this program, I was part of ARC my freshman year, so that's cool. Tiffany and I have already applied, I encourage you to do the same if you have the desire and time to.

Alright, now I'm going to read so I don't look like a big dummy in class again.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    I got like half the blog dedicated to me! YESS! I'm sorry for the llama mishap... I certainly learned my lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:02 PM

    now chris is normally the one to point out peoples spelling mishaps so i am going to critque him this time....
    you did not fell the quiz you failed it. also "qurestions" is not the same as questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not taking orders from anyone named "Anonymous"....

    ReplyDelete