Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Fish Spurs and Mail Call

A short entry for today. I am very pro-fish spurs for the SMU game. For those of you that have been asking about the fish spurs on campus, let me explain. In recent days, the fish in corps have made their bottle cap "fish spurs" and worn them the week before the Texas Tech (ugh) game. But the reason they're wearing them this week goes back to old army days. Back in SWC days, when SMU was in our conference, the yearly tradition was to wear the fish spurs the week before our matchup with them to show we were going to "spur those Mustangs." Since the SWC disolved, we rarely play SMU, so we swapped the tradition for a new in state competitor, Texas Tech, since we play them every year. Since we're playing SMU this year, I like the throw back and was excited to see the old, good-bull tradition resurected.

Next business. Who is this very knowledgable guy published in the mail call? I like the way he thinks. Soccer Atmosphere Must Be Kept Unique. It seems they edited out "Aggie Soccer Hooligan" from under my name. If the SBP writes in, they include his position in the mail call(Jim Carlson, Student Body President, Class of 2005). But they don't include my position...officiall Aggie Soccer Hooligan... Disappointing. they also failed to include, "Kick '08ers in the face." Ah well, I hope I got my point across. Time for brunch.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:58 PM

    You can only imagine the pride I felt when Tiffany said for our whole class to hear, "Look, your boyfriend is in the newspaper!" Good job you hooligan. :-) And also, good job on not taking a nap and blogging instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When things do change, I prefer them not to regress, but to progress, Justin. Also, if you're one who wants things to continually change, you're probably going to the wrong school. A&M is built on tradition. And by the way, I'm pretty sure that Mugging Down during the middle of a soccer game is still not acceptable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:45 PM

    I take offense to your "Kick 08ers in the face" comment. Us 08ers are good bull ags just like yourselves. We wish no bad bull upon anyone. However, I beleive that comment is deserving of the title "Bad Bull." sssssssss
    Oh, and congrats on being in the Batt for like the 10th time(?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Great article in the Batt ... although the whole soccer atmosphere thing isnt really my interest! But hey way to get your name and opinion out there ... and draw more attention to urself in class! haha! anyways, thanks for eating lunch with me at hulabaloo!(even though it;s crappy...hello who doesnt make grilled cheese?!?) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:10 PM

    Great article in the Batt ... although the whole soccer atmosphere thing isnt really my interest! But hey way to get your name and opinion out there ... and draw more attention to urself in class! haha! anyways, thanks for eating lunch with me at hulabaloo!(even though it;s crappy...hello who doesnt make grilled cheese?!?) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of them was a double post, so it's technically 6... But alas, I guess this would be number 7

    ReplyDelete