Monday, September 12, 2005

Bartok the Fish

It was good to be back in the Aggie Soccer Complex, aside from a few 08ers who don't know anything about Aggie Soccer... Hopefully the Batt will publish my mail call tomorrow. But we won, 3-0, another shut out. After the game, I sat Keaton down and had a talk to him about reinstituting "Dance Party" at Soccer Games, he wasn't as supportive as I hoped. We also got an audience with Coach Blair and Jonathan Lusk, then of course we talked to all soccer players and collected their autographs on the new soccer poster. I never realized how many of them are Marketing majors, whoop!

The rest of my weekend pretty much focused primarily around Football. Several good games, way to go Clemson, make us look better... Sunday came around and I had no idea the Panthers' game was going to be televised, so I got home from lunch at the beginning of the 4th quarter, kind of upset that I missed probably the one Carolina game a year that Fox televises. I realized it was televised because their opponent was the New Orleans Saints. So pretty much the whole country was united behind the Saints, except for me. And then FOX ruined my day by taking the Panthers game off with 30 seconds left, as New Orleans was about to set up for the game winning Field Goal to put on the stupid Cowboys... Thanks a lot. New Orleans went on to win, making everyone in the nation happy...

Nick and I went and studied in my study place, the skywalk in the MSC. There were a lot of band nerds having a meeting up there, not even the FTAB, some lame, non-reg band group. We wanted to infiltrate and take their ice cream, but we were definately too cool looking and lacking the instruments neccesary to fit in. So we just studied until they left at which point it was time for a study break. A race across the skywalk was in order I decided. We lined up, said, "Go" and began the race. It was a dead heat heading into the midpoint of the race, but then I saw a shoe fly out in front of me. It had come off of Nick's foot, I quickly jumped it and continued down the hall. I turned back just in time to watch Nick collapse to the ground. I finished the race before turning around to laugh at my fallen roommate. We went back to studying and soon some more people decided ot have a race down part of the hall, except this race was a log rolling race. The rolled down the ramp into the hallway. They seemed embarassed when they saw us, but I told them that we had just raced and assured them that, "There is a lot of physical activity that goes on in this hall."

And Merriam has a fish named Bartok... She wanted to announce it to the world. Merriam comes to hang out with us at work, the Teague building is becoming the cool place to be. Come by and visit, we'll give you a cookie.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Hi Chris! Do you mean 09ers at the soccer game? Surely the 08ers know what Aggie soccer is by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish... These 08ers obviously went to some baseball and basketball games last spring and think they're all knowing now. Soccer is Soccer, Basketball is Basketball... Silly Sophomores

    ReplyDelete