Monday, October 31, 2005

How 'Bout Those Aggies

It's a question I've heard numerous times already this week and anticipate hearing quite a bit more. "How 'Bout Those Aggies?" I easily field the question. "Yeah, Big 12 Champions for the second straight season. How bout that." I usually get an "are you insane" look to which I smile. Sure, A&M is a football school. As long as it's Ladies Football.

Indeed, my Aggie Soccer ladies clinched their 2nd straight Big 12 Championship with a big 4-0 win over Baylor Friday night. Since it was the last regular season game, it was senior night. All of the '06 players were honored in a very emotional pregame ceremony. It was also my last regular season game in the Aggie Soccer Stadium. All my collegiate career I've wanted one of the soccer balls the girls throw out at the beginning of the game, finally on senior night I got one. Ashlee Pistorius threw it to me and then went on to score all 4 of the Aggies' goals. It was a very special night indeed. Getting to hoist the Big 12 Trophey over their heads was a special farewell to the class of 2006 indeed. In addition, it was one of the last assemblies of the Aggie Soccer Hooligans. To go out in style, some of us were invited to play a rendition of dodgeball in the center of the field at half time. Despite some of my fans cheering, "Go Moo Cow!" I lost. I did hit a guy in the face with the ball though. It was a night full of mixed emotions. I hope we do well in post season play. We are hosting the NCAA championship this year. Hopefully if the women play as well as they have been recently, they'll be able to finish the season playing for the national championship before a home crowd.

As for men's football, no doubt what the people that ask "How Bout Those Aggies" want me to comment on. I've written off the rest of the season. I'll be watching them in support, but I won't be expecting much.

Since I didn't have any pictures on Friday. Here are a few from the soccer game.


After the game, the Hooligans celebrate with our favorite Kat. Meanwhile, she holds a bloody knife.

We congratulate my fellow '06er KJ (one of the all-time great goalies) on a great game on Senior Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment