Friday, October 07, 2005

Friday, Glorious Friday!

Wow, have you been outside? It's beautiful! I just want to go outside and play all day. And by play, I mean it in the recess way. Nothing in particular. Run, slide, hide and seek, maybe even skip. But instead my youthful side is locked in this building with me doing work. I wish he'd help off with my responsibilities... After work it's group project, then the soccer game at 7.

My day began with FMBWC and then a nap. After my nap, I needed a shower so I could head to work not smelling like bacon and eggs. In the shower I was shown a very positive sign. All week I've slowly been leaning more and more towards Nikki Knight's pessimistic outlook on this weekend's game. I've always had faith in our guys, but this weekend I just didn't think we could pull it off in Colorado. As I finished my shower and turned the water off, I turned around to where the foam letters spelling out "C DUB" had been. I noticed that some of the letters had slid down the wall and now rested on the floor. Those letters were CU. And what was stillhanging on despite the weathering they had taken? "D B." It all made sense. Clearly, I was being told that CU would fall and our DBs would hang tough. My faith is renewed. The Ags will do it!

I guess I'm going to have to wait until the end of the night to see if they do in fact pull it off. I'm recording the game on the DVR so I can watch it the second we get back from Six Flags. I'm hoping I can make it through the dayy without hearing the score. Speaking of Cable... I hate COX. After a lengthy discussion with them in person yesterday, we were making no progress. We told them to cut off all the channels except the extended basic so that I could record the game this weekend. And after that, we'd be looking for a new cable company. Clinton reminded them that treating their customers badly, poor service, and not being able to get a hold of them is not a good way to retain customers. I agree.

Have a good weekend! Gig 'Em Ags! And go outside and play!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    i never realized you were so superstitious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither. I'll tell you if I still am after I find out the outcome of the game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope...I am not.

    ReplyDelete