Friday, October 21, 2005

Today I'm Feeling: Busy

On my refrigerator, I have a magnet featuring lots of faces displaying all kinds of different moods and emotions. It came with a little magnetic frame featuring the words "Today I Feel..." The idea is for you to match the frame to the face exhibiting the state that currently describes you the most. One thing that magnet is lacking is a worried face with the word "Busy" under it. My frame would remain locked over that selection if it was offered...that is if I had time to make it to the fridge. In summary, this is going to be a short blog, as I have many things I need to tend to.

I currently have 4 projects I'm working on for class... It's quite overwhelming. In between group meetings, class, growth groups, and working on those projects, I have found time to cause mischief. Monday night involved playing on Heavy Machinery in the parking lot. They've been reroofing the building across from ours and therefore decided to leave a piece of machinery in the 3 parking spaces right in front of my apartment. So of course, we had to play on it. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but since I was never one of those little kids that owned the "Awesome Construction Vehicles!" videos featuring Hard Hat Sam, I simply called it a tractor. Afterwards, we watched the Astros lose that heartbreaker. A better game to watch was the one on Wednesday, which ended with us yelling "Astros win the pennant" and attempting to form a dogpile in the hall. It is also official that my Penny will be working down the hall from me for one of my favorite coworkers, Lori. She's actually going to be working in my old office... The one they kicked us out of and formed into 3 seperate offices...hmph. But I am excited about that. This week was also the first week of the House Horse season. It's a game we invented using Nick's little basketball net I bought for his birthday. I won the opening game, Clinton took the second. So I do find time to have some fun amongst the most busy semester I've ever had.

This morning was a very special 7AM version of Friday Morning Breakfast with Chris. It was moved on account of Audra. We had a decent turnout of 5, including Kevin in his first trip to Sbisa. Work's been pretty good. We had a birthday party complete with Fajitas and Fun. And now I've discovered that CIS has a version of instant messenger which allows me to chat with my SIMS dawg, Dana. But now I'm going to start to bring this blog to a close for the week and work on my presentation for Tuesday. Soccer game, 7PM tonight vs. #24 Colorado. It'll be a good one. So, go. Meet at Rumours at 5:15. This weekend is also our first non-televised away game which means I'll have to watch the live stats update on espn.com. I'm slightly concerned about this game. We have the capability to beat them good, but I doubt we'll achieve that. Especially on the road. That's why I'm taking the 4 point underdogs, Kansas State to beat us. I also see t.u. rather effortlessly putting a halt to Tech's undefeated season. And for anyone that cares, I'm taking Nebraska over Mizzou in a close one.

One last thing for this Photographic Friday. My week in pictures (all of which you've probably seen due to Facebook's new photo album feature):





















































Peace out kids, keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment