Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Scottish Uprising Will Not Be Televised

I went to a church this morning that is approximately 1.5 minutes from my apartment. I enjoyed it. An Aggie sat next to me, she was class of '02. After the service she (and her husband, and 3 other people) wanted to make sure I met the college pastor. They were all fully aware that I had graduated, but they thought that I should fellowship with people my own age. I'm not an old guy yet, there are plenty of '06ers that are still in school (and 'o5ers!). So I was invited to the college bible study tonight. In addition, he invited me to his Sunday School class next week. Now this is a small church, so his Sunday school class is not just college students. It a wide variety that streches from 7th Grade - College. A little too weird for me honestly... But I got my small loaf of bread and a cassette tape and came home.

At home, Kevin was getting some cable out of his Directv van. Apparently since he has that van in the parking lot and the complex uses Directv, the other tenants think that he works for the complex. Anyway, he had an easy job for a woman that approached him this morning, so he was readying a cable to take over there to her. As he was doing so, our Scottish neighbor walked over. He was ready to rant about Directv to Kevin. We'd talked earlier about how inconvenient it is that our apartment complex will only allow us to go through a specific provider for internet and phone and through Directv for cable. The fact that their company only offers slow internet irked me. Them not allowing an international call package irritated ol' Scotty who makes a lot of international calls. And the both of us agreed that the cable service they offer has its negetives. I like the channels we get, College Sports TV rocks my face. However, the fact that there is no guide on the screen and since we have a hodgepodge of stations, there's no guide online or in print that will help us out, we never know what is on any given station. Also, there's no box on our tv, so DVR is out of the question. Now those were the complaints that Scotty was ready to file with Kevin. As little tv as I watch, it hasn't been as huge of an ordeal for me. However, my Scottish friend exclaimed that the World Cup is coming up and since it's in Germany, the live broadcasts will be coming on early in the morning. Since Kevin could not help him, we suggested talking to the front office about it and I gave him a channel guide.
"If I am going to miss the World Cup, there will be a Scottish uprising over there," he said in his thick Scottish accent as he pointed to his apartment. "If you hear curse words being yelled in Scottish, you'll know where it's coming from."

So, while Germany has been taking extra precautions this year to help protect against hooliganism, they've forgot to secure Montgomery Trace apartments. Let's hope this is corrected by June 9th...

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Hey, I am a grad student!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:51 PM

    I'm Not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:09 PM

    Chris, we have received reports that you are padding your blog posts. Let this be a warning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at me I can make fun of Karen and not use my real name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This report just in, Clinton's name is actually not Ol Rock... You're just upset that my post was more humorous. Thos crazy bison...

    And Hi Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:10 AM

    I'm glad nobody went to jail last night...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:35 PM

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:59 PM

    Hey anonymous,

    Sure it may be interesting, but useful? I highly doubt that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:27 AM

    Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

    ReplyDelete