Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On to Corpus Christi

First off, typically I won't be traveling this much forever. Right now is the busy time for us. Couple the fact that this is the time in which we do upgrades with the fact that there are a lot of conventions and such that we need to be at during the summer and the result is a busy traveling schedule for the company. Now add in the fact that I am new and they want me to be exposed to all of this, so they send me along on most travel oppurtunities that arise. And that my friends is why I'm in a different city every week. My stay in Montgomery was short. I came back from the Plano and Kerrville trip Thursday night plenty tired and ready for sleep, so I unpacked quickly, dumped my dirty clothes in the hamper, threw my clean clothes in the closet and went to sleep as soon as I could. Friday I left work early and after a short nap, I made my way to CS for the weekend. It was a great weekend. We celebrated Penny's birthday Sunday night, so I got to see and hang out with everyone, just like the old days (6 weeks ago). After work on Monday, I once again drove to College Station for the night to spend the evening with Penny on her birthday. I thouroughly enjoyed the time I spent with her, as always. Once I got home late Monday night, it was sleep time. After work on Tuesday, Kevin and I went and ate at the Magnolia Diner which had just opened right next door to my apartment. I'd been anticipating the opening ever since I moved in. The atmosphere was nice, the food was decent, but I was a bit disappointed. After going to Wal-Mart with Kevin it was already nearing after 10PM. So I quickly washed some clothes, which then caused a shift of dirty clothes to the closet floor and clean clothes in the hamper. Make-shift organization often causes a mess. After packing, I slept. I woke up this morning at 5:15, got ready and headed to Corpus with my coworker. I'll be here till Friday evening, which means I will arrive home late Friday night to a mess I still surely won't want to deal with. And in closing, that is why I haven't blogged...

Somewhere in the whirlwind of activity, I also changed cell phone providers. My motorola...ahem my third Motorola in a row gave out on me. Perfect time for me to compare phone companies. T-Mobile came out on top for me. I knew what phone I wanted, all the companies provided a similar one. And my research put T-Mobile over Cingular most notably on price and service rating.

My family just left, we went to eat at Fridays. I'm sorry I won't have anymore time to spend with them this week. I don't get down here as often as I'd like.

Alright... I am tired. But it's only 8:30, so I'm going to go to Barnes and Noble and hang out till I'm ready to come back and go to bed. They're open till 11, I won't be utilizing those hours to the fullest, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Hold on, you didn't blog because your clean clothes were in the hamper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:14 AM

    Bark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 PM

    quote-
    "I don't get down here as often as I'd like."-
    corpus is sad about that.i wish you could come down some more we need to play some ncaa football!

    ReplyDelete