Monday, November 14, 2005

Sports and Sports and My Extended Forecast

Congrats to Women's Soccer for advancing to the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Tournament. And also, congrats to the football team for showing some heart on the field. The game this weekend was probably the best football game I've seen all year. It wasn't our best effort or most favorable outcome, but it was fun to watch. And that's what I look for in a football team that I've written off for the rest of the season. That being said, I was still awake at 5:45 AM to get to Kyle to pull tickets. We were about #34 on the list for window 5, so this will be the first game that we're not sitting right on the 50. But nonetheless, we got good tickets and I look forward to an A&M victory for my last game at Kyle Field as a student (Reggie's Too). Also, special congratulations to myself for dominating in Sumo Soccer at the Aggie Soccer Stadium during halftime of Sunday's game. After a vicious hit, my opponent was able to quickly score. But I came back and was able to take control of the game with more shots on goal and knock downs and eventually 2 goals giving me the victory. "Chris Wilson" chants were heard throughout the student section accompanied by the reverse "CW" Wrecking Crew hand signal. The first out on the field to congratulate me was my new little 7 year old friend sporting her "Kat Fan" t-shirt, Brianne. I hung out with her before the competition and she promised she'd cheer for me. I told her it was her cheers for me that helped me win. Which may or may not be true. But she met me on the field, introduced me to all of her friends of which I was their new hero, told her dad that I was her new best friend and then invited me to play Hide-and-Seek. Sadly, I had to leave for growth group and couldn't join them in their games. But I think I could have continued my winning and completely anihilated the children in Hide-and-Seek. But that was my excitement from this weekend. Sports and sports, that's usually what the weekends consist of.

As for this week? I think I'll try and emulate Ben's blog and forecast my week... There's a high-stress system moving in from West Campus that is sure to bring some heavy homework. The group projects are expected to stick around for the remainder of the month bringing with it some frustration and most likely pushing sleep out of the forecast. There is a 06% chance of fun over this next week, but as this semester begins to wind down, we should see happiness levels increasing. And that is your extended forecast. Stay tuned for your local on the 8's...

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    why haven't you linked my blog? are you a blog racist? i think so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I am. Same reason I haven't linked MBs. It's not a blogspot blog... I'll see what I can do

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice forecast, sounds like gloomy weather though. Hope you get through it allright. Congrats on winning sumo!

    ReplyDelete