Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Monday's Post on Tuesday

It seems I didn't write anything yesterday during work. It was a busy day, lots of work to do, plus it was Penny's first day with CIS. She's working right down the hall from me. In fact, I could slide my big green rolling chair out into the hallway and probably see the corner of her desk. She said she's enjoyed it so far and has definately already noted that CIS employees are crazy. And most of them are quite nerdy.

This weekend was fun, lotsa sports watching. It was good to be back in Reed, it was even better being in San Antonio to watch the Big 12 Soccer Tournament Championship. We made the trip down there Sunday afternoon to watch the Ags take on Colorado. The game extended into double overtime, which gave the less-than-classy Colorado fans a lot of time to get on my nerves. A couple of times, I had to yell back at them and let them know their behavior was dumb. But ultimately, Suzette quieted them all with her game-winning goal. Big 12 Regular Season Champs and Big 12 Tournament Champs for 2 straight years now. The NCAAs start this next week. We play host to the first 2 rounds, plus the final four and championship game. It's a very exciting time in Aggieland. Unless you're a football fan... (Like it was cued...Chad Schroeder hobbles by on his crutches as I typed that last sentence. A nearby friend of his calls out to him, "Tiny Tim!")

Well, my short visit to the WCL between classes is over, and so is this entry. One final note. I hate group projects...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:08 PM

    we're both gonna have to remember to leave work at work now. there's just so much nerdiness oozing from CIS tho that it's gonna be tough... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the nerdy side of the building and the non-nerdy side. Now you're setting us back by bringing your nerdiness to the non-nerds like me and Lori...

    ReplyDelete