Friday, November 04, 2005

Dentures and Orthepedic Shoes

That's most likely what I'm gong to be adding to my shopping list soon.

Last night, Nick and I went to JC Penney's after he and Karen and Merriam got their Aggie Rings (Whoop for them). Nick needed a new dress shirt for his senior pictures today. After hanging out in the suit and tie department for nearly 15 minutes, the realization hit me and I asked, "Nick. Is this where I'm going to be doing all my shopping a year from now?" He told me it probably would be. Nick's sheer excitement about buying a new shirt coupled with my future quickly closing in on me combined to form a huge message, "Dude. You're Old." I admitted to Nick that I didn't want to grow up, I didn't want to be excited about buying new ties on the weekends. And then I exclaimed, "Whoa! Check out these house shoes!" My oldness has been secured. With grad school slowly falling to the bottom of my list of probabilities, I don't know what I'm going to be doing or where I'll be. I do know that I'll be 22 and checking that next age box on surveys (Age: 22-25, instead of the 18-21 I've been used to) is going to be difficult (Nick knows). But it's a neccesary part of growing up. I've been looking at getting a PDA for my next phone upgrade in December. After last night's events, I now realize how old, business-man it is, but the features are very tempting as I already live by my simple day-planner on my cellphone. I make these choices without even realizing the change. I don't know the specific time you cross to adult-hood, but it seems that line is behind me. I must have missed it as I was looking for coupons in the Sunday paper... Yeah, so these are the insights and truths I left with last night as I left the store. Oh, and a merlot colored shirt. It'll look great with my suit.

With that out of the way. Aggie Soccer kicks off from San Antonio for round 2 of the Big 12 Championship at 4:30. We're the only game FSN is televising, so tune in. The men's football team, however is heading to Lubbock to play. It probably won't be pretty. Last I saw, the line was Tech -17. You'd better believe I took that. But good luck and Gig 'Em to all our teams playing. I'm still behind them 100%, I've just lost most of that blind hope I had at the beginning this football season. Also, basketball tips off tomorrow. That should be exciting.

It's Photographic Friday! Here are some pictures from the game last weekend.














My boo is such a thug.














Us guys enjoying some football.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:25 PM

    i think i need to add dentures to my shopping list as well...some ghetto fabulous ones tho...

    ReplyDelete