Friday, November 11, 2005

Highlight of my Week

With little sleep and a lot of school, these past few days have gone by in a hazy blur. Last night I managed to get away from my projects and actually see some of my friends. That was a welcome change. And of course we had breakfast this morning. We welcomed Karen to her first FMBWC.

Over this past week, most of the stuff I learned had to do with HP, Wal-Mart and assisted living. However, the knowledge that I have the best girlfriend ever was reinforced as well. I came home from another long day at school Wednesday Night (Thursday Morning) at nearly 1:00. I walked into my room and reached for the light switch as I stepped over the pile of stuff that had gradually made its way closer and closer to the door in the past few weeks. I hadn't had time to clean my room and it had been in disarray like never before. The lights in my room came on and I froze. I returned my foot to the ground and realized that there was no pile to step over. My room was straightened and free from clutter. Everything that had gathered to cover my carpet had found a place. I held my arms out to the side in disbelief. What had happened? Hearing the front door, I turned and walked back down the hall, arms still outstretched. It was Penny. I told her that I didn't know what had happened in my room. She took me back in the room and pointed out that the Cuddleheart Penguin she got me a few months ago had a note in his arms for me. Well it seems that Penny knew how stressed out I've been and how much the messy room had been bothering me. So she came over and cleaned it up for me. Clinton even joined in vacuuming. They really brightened my night. Which really wouldn't have been too hard to do as the sun was already down and the clouds shrouded the moon. But it was the sweetest thing. Penny is the best and I love her. I love Clinton too. Thanks y'all.

BLAH. I know. Soccer tonight, 1st round of the NCAA tourney. We're hosting Northwestern at 8PM. The second round is 2pm on Sunday. I imagine North Texas will beat SMU, so we should be playing them Sunday, after our victory tonight. Tockets should be about $2, so come out! Beating OU is completely possible tomorrow. I hope it happens...

This weekend should be as busy as the past week has been. I can't wait till the end of the semester...

1 comment:

  1. English nerd... Tockets = British was to say Tickets you goose. And Nick, he was doing time with me at the WCL working on one of the group projects.

    ReplyDelete