Monday, April 20, 2009

The Other Side of the Pillow

Now the hotel is nice for what it is, a place to lay your head in unfamiliar territory. It lacks some comforts that I desire though.

Although it's familiar, the pitter patter of feet above my room is not comforting. I do not like hearing my neighbors especially in the late hours. This is a problem at my apartment too. Luckily this problem will be solved in a couple of weeks when I move into my house.

There are always irritating sounds at night that come from within my own room (That sounds like a scary movie... The sounds are coming from...inside this room!!!). The main one is the buzzing of the A/C. Believe me, I assaulted that thing to try and get it to stop last week.

Also present are strange lights. I identified 5 lights that would interrupt my sleep. I closed the curtains to eliminate the first. Easy enough. Next to the window was a microwave with a bright display. Smothered that banshee with a pillow. Moving back towards the door with a blanket to seal the hall lights out, I conquered light #3. Closing the bathroom door eliminated the orange glow from the hair dryer and light #4. Number five was a light I tried ignoring. It was a bright light radiating from the fire alarm. It was so bright I would see it with my eyes shut. Action had to be taken. I thought quickly, but moved groggily back to the bathroom. I peeled off the label from my toothpaste and returned to my bed. I jumped over to my sitting bed with one leg and kept one stationed on my sleeping bed. I folded the sticker over and then hopped enough to position the sticker over the green light of terror. Light 5 taken out. Mission Accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that! Sometimes when you can't sleep every little light bothers you! UGH! Glad you are back to blogging ... how's the twitter page coming?

    ReplyDelete