Friday, April 24, 2009

Name That Movie

I loved Name That Tune, but never knew any of the old songs they played on that show. They need to remake it with In Da Club and Africa (Toto) and so on...

I also enjoy Wheel of Fortune. I've registered to be on that show a few times and have not yet been picked. But I will. Just you wait.

Last night, Penny and I went down to the Waterway for dinner. It was a toss-up between Baker St and the Goose's Acre, so logically we ended up at Which Wich (ok food, cool idea). As we were walking back to my car, I spotted a girl doing the coolest job there is at the movie theater. She was changing the Marquee in front of the theater in preparation for Friday's new movies.

We stopped for quite a while watching her get the "PG-13"s in place and wrestle with individual letters. It was great. 2 people in front of a mostly empty theater watching a nervous girl struggle with a long pole, now shaking, trying to get letters in place. What could make it better? Making a game out of it and throwing in a few cheers.

Category: PG-13. "I can name this movie in 2 letters."

The letters slid into place. An "F" was placed on the board. "Fighting." I got it thanks to the non-stop previews I've seen on TV. As the IGHTING slid into place I celebrated.

The next movie was a little bit harder and it took me "THE SOL" to come up with "THE SOLOIST." Still, I celebrated the same.

The girl descended from her platform and I went home with a 2-0 victory. No prizes, no fanfare, no obscenely large check. I'm just honing my skills until I need them to earn me some cash and prizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment