Wednesday, December 21, 2005

College Station at Christmastime

The past couple of days hasn't been overly eventful. I did get to go tree-spinning for the first time. And it was much more fun than expected. It's an area tradition where the local kids come to the big Christmas tree in Central Park, stand under it and spin around staring up at all the lights. I was introduced to it by Clay. Definately makes the "Top 50 Things To Do In College Station At Christmas Time Before You Graduate" list (pictures coming maybe tomorrow). Last night,Penny and I returned to Central Park to enjoy Christmas in the Park. I love College Station.

I also accidently led a breif revolt against Aggieland Outfitters/Inspirations. I was disgusted by the idea that they would produce a shirt supporting the sips in the Rose Bowl. So while at work, I posted about the vileness of the shirt on the TexAgs Football Forum. It led to a downright riot with angry Aggies threatening boycotts of the store. I also caught wind of some people that actually recieved my post in an email that was circulated around their office. The shirt was pulled from the shelves shortly after. My intentions were just to whine and complain... Oops.

Work's become a bit more entertaining. People are bustling around in the building getting ready for Christmas and our week-long break. Meanwhile, I've become more creative in finding shortcuts through campus in the University Van. As a matter of fact, if vehicles were restricted to driving only on the sidewalk, I don't think it would affect my routine all that much...

No comments:

Post a Comment