Saturday, February 16, 2008

Koh Samet

Nick and I are sitting in Koh Samet (an island we're staying at near Bangkok), paying 2 baht per minute to use internet. It's a great place. We're enjoying the island life for a few days before we head back to the States.

Our other excursion, a trip to Kanchanerburi (spelling's wrong) was a blast as well. We met many Europians and chatted with them the first night we were there. Interesting people, a lot of fun to hang out with. Apparently Bangkok is a big vacation destination for Europians. They're everywhere. We've met a couple of Americans at the airport and a couple of Canadians. That's all!

We've taken plenty of pictures. Reviewing them will get me through the flight back until my battery dies. But I will have pictures to share with all of you. We're going to eat some dinner in a bit and then see what happens from there. We'll probably end up on the beach for the festivities (it's hard not too, since this is a small island, most of the land is the beach).

I took a couple of pictures with the webcam attached to this PC as I sat here :















I bought a new hat this morning for the island trip.



This is what I see out my window. Can't quite see the beach from here. But I can see other foreigners!
This is Nick, you know, the guy I'm traveling with... He sat down at the adjacent computer to send out some emails as well.
Chelsea should be about done showering, so it's gotta be dinner time.
Later on mainlanders!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 AM

    The FBI thanks you for your assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    I am sad, you paid for internet.

    ReplyDelete