Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A dose of Thailand

So far, so good in Bangkok. My sleep is back on schedule and we've done a lot. Knocked out a lot of the tourist sites, temples and such yesterday. Today we hit up some malls. We're back at Chelsea's getting showered up and ready to have our fitting for the suits we ordered.

We have to shower because it's stinkin' hot and muggy here. You sweat just by stepping outside. The Winter Sales advertised here with pictures of snowflakes and blue lettering makes us laugh. I can assure you that there are no snowflakes anywhere near us.

We began our 2nd day this morning by going to a large park on the Southside of town (Lumphini Park). Nick and I split up and went running. As I was running, I got some whistles and a "Woo Woo Baby!" from a lady sitting on a park bench. The women love whitey over here.

I've taken tons of pictures already and would like to share a couple.


This one shows a restaurant that we didn't try our luck at. The menu didn't seem too appetizing, especially the last item.














The other picture shows our cook at a small restaurant (3 tables) that we ate at. He came out of the back and brought our food. We noticed that he was in his boxers. Pretty casual place...














Alright, kiddoes. Time to head back to Riverside for our fitting! Have a good day.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 PM

    Did you join in the no pants party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 PM

    I have no pants and I am with your girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Hey, it is Friday and we have not had an update. Please update us on your whereabouts. The government has cut back on funding so we were not able to send a team to Thailand to continue our surveillance of you. We are depending on your blog to keep us updated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:01 PM

    Chris! How is the tour going? Are yall being treated like rockstars? I can't wait to see the pictures of the trashed out hotel rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:02 PM

    I can't believe that the record company sent you on a tour of Asia with only two crappy songs... You can't even play the guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:13 PM

    Annabelle is freaking out without you Chris! She keeps attacking me. I don't know how to make her happy. I clean her litter box, refill her food and water, snuggle her, and give her treats. What more could she want?

    I guess we both are just a little cranky without you.

    Come back to us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Chris? Is there someone else? I thought I was your girl. You brought me paper and donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:34 PM

    TO LET ME BE FREE! That's how you make me happy! Let me run free through the parking lots of Fox Meadows! Let me once again hunt the wild pizza crust! I hate being trapped in these four walls!

    ReplyDelete