Friday, July 29, 2005

Couch Potatoes

Friday! I love it! Except I'm sitting back here in Justin's place taking care of these stupid printers that are constantly jamming. Oh well, 2 hours till weekend! Not that I have an exciting weekend planned... Most of my peeps are going out of town. Penny's parents are coming in town however and while I've met them already, I haven't yet met them as "the boyfriend." So we'll see how that goes. Good I'm sure - parents love me. Ben's been around town, I had lunch (breakfast) with him today, he called during my nap, but it was a very nice surprise. We had some pancakes and caught up some. He'll be back Saturday, so maybe we can go with Gage to satisfy her overwhelming desire to bowl... Other than that, I'm getting up way too early on Saturday to go do some work projects with our church. I've done them once before with Grace and it was a good time. We did yard work for Chip Howard (of Sports Radio). Other than that, I'll prolly sit on the couch and watch TV...

As many of you probably know, I don't normally watch a whole heck of a lot of TV. But the COX guy came on Wednesday and fixed our reciever, iut had been down for several weeks and during those weeks, they had added new channels to our line up. So Wednesday night was the first night we had all of these new channels. We sat around my house for several hours, just watching these new channels. Beginning of course with MTV Hits, we then moved to the Nickelodean game show channel. No kidding! We turned it on to catch some Double Dare action. Now, when I was little I loved this show, but there wre a couple of things I didn't notice when I was younger. First, the host is a huge nerd, I always had thought he was the coolest, but Nick and I agreed, total geek... Second, I never remember yelling at the TV so much during the physical challenges. But there we were, 5 college guys yelling at the pudgy girl to run faster! Double Dare is intense. By the time it was over, the team from Houston won and was taking home a sweet cassette player, a camera and cutting-edge VCR (That's Video Cassette Recorder! You can record you favorite shows on your own TV!) We then began to reminisce about other shows that we used to watch, we remembered the greatness of Figure it Out, Guts and of course Legends of the Hidden Temple. And as we talked, lo and behold, Figure it Out comes on the screen. We cheer with glee as the girl that "Invented a No Hands Gerbil Belt" comes on the screen! I then look through the listings and see that Guts is on next and Legends of the Hidden Temple will be on at 5AM. We plan our schedules accordingly. That evening I learned from the Tennis Network that raquetball is probably the worst spectator sport ever to watch. And I learned that there is a video game channel (and the people on there are even nerdier than the host of Double Dare). But in the bottom corner of the screen, we were enthralled by footage of a guy that was beating the Nintendo 64 version of Mario in under 20 minutes! By this time, it was time to go see Penny, but I couldn't draw myself away from the TV. Luckily she agreed to come to my house instead so we could watch Tom & Jerry on Boomerang... By the end of the night, we all realized that we were huge losers. But that's ok, we had each other...and cartoons...

My boy T-Murph finally signed with the Packers, promoting them to my 3rd favorite NFL team. Way to go Murph! And to end this week in sports, I'll share the following news story I found on Fox Sports that I like to call "There's No Crying in Football."

I guess that's quite enough for this week, so I'll save the Vanilla Ice mystery for next week. But I will say that sometimes I feel like I'm on a hidden camera show. I don't even know how to explain some of the things that happen to me...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Christopher Wilson, I don't know why you assume that all parents like you. I certainly don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Muhahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:03 PM

    my dad is sorry he shut the door in your face and locked you out. he said he didn't see you. or did he? j/k you have nothing to worry about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:54 PM

    i'm jealous, what about wild and wacky kids??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That can't really be Nick's Mom, because I know Mrs. Cleavelin likes me more than her own kids! And it's Wild and Crazy Kids. And no...we don't have it, thanks for bringing that up and making me unhappy with my TV channels now...

    ReplyDelete