Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Summer Days

I actually worked the entire time I was at work today (no lie), thus the late blogging...

Last summer consisted of some of the greatest times in my life. To be honest, at the beginning of this summer, I was kind of anticipating a disappointing summer. However, as this summer played out, it has become the best one to date. Each day, it seems, things have been getting better. I feel like I'm exactly where I belong. School has actually been great. Yes, I am only taking one class, but it's a class I set aside specifically for this summer because my favorite prof (Dr. Ben Welch) was going to be teaching it. Just like most classes, on the first day I walked in not thinking I'd know anyone, but this time I unexpectedly found several friends in my class. It's actually not been too bad getting up at 8AM to attend class. Normally I stay awake too... Work is actually good, I love the people I work with(for the most part). Robin is the best boss you could ever have and she geniuinely cares for the student workers. She shows that she appreciates us. That's important, not only at work, but all aspects of life.

I'm finally really involved in a church here, Grace is definately the place I belong. Being a Growth Group leader has given me the oppurtunity to really serve the Lord this summer and just to get to know some really awesome people. I look forward to the fall when all the students come back and my new group starts. In addition to these new friends, I have a tight knit group of people that geniunely love me. I'm blessed to have them in my life.

Another thing I was unsure of at the beginning of the summer were our new neighbors that were moving in where Carolyn and her crew used to live. Those girls were our only neighbors that actually spoke to us, probably because they didn't share a wall or floor with us and we didn't terrorize them. But to say the least, the new girls that moved in their place are the best neighbors I've ever had. I say that not because since then, one of them has become my girlfriend and is probably reading this, but because it's true. Which brings me to Penny. I didn't see her coming, but I'm glad she did. She's such an awesome person, truley genuine, and we have so much in common (even down to the weirdest things). I'm very happy that she moved into my building and into my life. (Enough about her though so that my readers don't "BLAH" at me.)

Now I don't say all this to gloat or bring attention to what a great life I have, I'm just thankful for everything and everyone in my life (and I also had a rather uneventful day and nothing else to write about). No, not everything in my life is perfect, but that's no reason to complain. Never is everything in one's life perfect. And I realize that there are people that are on the other end of the spectrum, thinking everything is at it's worst. You'll get through to the other side. I've been down before, but my friends and the Lord have always been a constant in my life. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask.

As the summer ends though, I look forward to the fall. I love the atmosphere, campus is always buzzing, and especially the football. There's so much to look forward to: Growth Groups starting up again, all my friends returning, Clinton moving in, Reggie winning the Heisman...

Wow, that was more introspective than I'm used to. I'll try to have an adventure tomorrow to keep y'all entertained since it's probable that this didn't... Oh yeah, one more thing. I strive on comments, so post comments on here. Chelsea says she agrees and has my back. I don't know who all reads this, so just let me know. And tell me what you think. Even if it is "BLAH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment