Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Win, "loose," or draw

Sometimes there are little things that just get on my nerves. And one thing I can't understand is why 80% of the human population cannot spell "lose." You can't tighten a football game, so how would you be able to "loose" one? I see this misspelling daily and bothers me even more than when "they're", "there" and "their" are used incorrectly. It's a word you should have learned by 4th grade, but since most people haven't, I had to do something about it.

As you can see by my nonsensical rant, I haven't had much to do at work today. I stayed awake in class this morning, that's 2 days in a row! I came back home and the COX guy came over shortly thereafter to fix the cable. All of the channels over 100 have been out for a couple of weeks (Yeah...we've only had 100 channels, sad, huh? Poor Americans and their problems...). He blamed the problem on the wiring, said it's a common problem for our complex. Apparently the signal gets split too much by the time it gets to the living room. But it's fixed now and we have a clear signal for the first time in a long time. He said he didn't know how long that'd last though... But I turned it to Fuse and Dave Grohl was screaming out "The Best, The Best..." flipped it over to MTV Hits and some angry girl was screaming as well. I flipped off the TV and took a short nap before work. They just added MTV Hits a couple of weeks ago, but this is the first time we've been able to get it. Nick got the channel when he went to UTD and he always praised it, so I'm excited about having it now (at least for the next week until they revise our subscription). I texted Nick to let him know the good news, he too was thrilled.

Lastly, I noticed I had 0 comments on the day I posted about leaving comments for me. I need some sort of satisfaction... So do your job, "loosers"...

No comments:

Post a Comment