Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Parking Lot

A bird was hopping around the parking lot. He was dancing circles around the orange that had found its way into the center of the parking lot. The orange wasn't as round as it had been this morning. Since then, it had been smashed into the pavement by a passing car, leaving the orange peeled and partially squeezed much to the bird's delight. He was either afraid to commit to eating the tasty treat or else he was dancing a celebration jig. Whatever the case, it prompted me to encourage him, "Go eat that orange little bird!" Taking my focus off of the bird, I glanced up to see if my neighbor had fixed his car window and noticed a girl from a few buildings down staring at me with a concerned look. We put the blame on this girl for stealing Fritz, a lost dog that we saw on a flyer. The expression onher face didn't bother me much. Who is she to judge me anyway? So, I talk to birds. At least I don't steal pets...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:41 AM

    The bird didn't get the orange. I got the orange. I saw him and chased him off so I could eat it. To the victor go the spoils...

    PS Please come rescue me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fritz, I'd rescue you, but I don't have the time to take you outside to use the bathroom 40 times a day. Seriously, everytime I leave my house or come back, you're out there. What's the problem man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:08 AM

    little dog, little bladder

    ReplyDelete