Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Galveston

Yeah, so here I am. I made it to Galveston safely. Moody Gardens has got it going on. Big place it's quite a bit different than the hotels I'm used to where you park just outside your room... I think I prefer that to having to park in this garage and taking the elevator up to floor 6. Parking, getting out of your car, taking 10 steps and being in your room is a lot quicker of a process.
Oh well, it's a fancy place and if anyone wants to join me, I have an extra queen sized bed waiting for you. Anyway, so I'm just about grown up (check the haircut). Hopefully I'll like what I see tomorrow and so will they. So, let's blog a little so I can get back to staring out the window at the new Schlitterbahn park...

I don't have much to say, my head is pretty congested and my nose won't stop bothering me. Leaves little room for thought. So I'll just speak quickly about something I learned today (we'll get back to the student handbook when I return to CS). It seems that Phillips has developed the technology to do one of two things. 1. Allow a television viewer to completely cut out commercials (I'm not completely sure how this is done). Or 2. Allow an advertiser to lock the station when their commercial comes on so that the viewer has no choice but to watch it. Now this is an either, or thing. They're trying to get a patent on the technology and I imagine it will be sold to whoever they think they can get the most money from. I think the latter is quite unethical and seems a little Big Brotherish to me. I don't want a company dictating to me what I have to watch. As if consumers don't distrust advertisers enough already...

That's all. My nose is running and my stomach is growling, so I'm peacing out.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:44 PM

    you got a grown up haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Pro Poor People Hotel!

    (I think they call them motels...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Chris! I am trying to write on the poster to get rescued but I am too short. Please lower the sign or give me a boost.

    ReplyDelete