Sunday, February 18, 2007

Around Texas

I've been cruisin all over the place. The next month doesn't show any signs of slowing that pace down. A few notes from my journeys:

1. The new Drury in San Antonio is gonna be awesome. We got a tour a few weeks ago before it was open and it is top notch. The rooftop pool overlooking downtown SA is definately the coolest amenity. It's in the old Alamo Bank building and promises to be the nicest hotel on the Riverwalk.

2. Boerne's a pretty happening place. The Hungry Horse Grill is excellent. Best Chicken Fried Steak I've had and fresh veggies. This happened the day I got there, pretty funny story. There are some cute little shops downtown including a Native American store that sells "Herbal Smokes" which are an "Alternative, non-tobacco smoking mix." Peyote? This shop was next door:














Which was good because whenever I go shopping for old stuff, I always crave a pickle. Way to go shopkeeper.


3. West Columbia is all I thought it would be. No worse, no better. It was good to go home with Penny this weekend because a. I got to spend all weekend with her. b. I'd never been to her hometown and she's been to CC like 45 times.

4. I love our BBall team, the Aggies are tearing it up so far in all the Spring Sports.

5. I'll be going to Corpus tomorrow, have a few days of work to do in Alice. That means Annabelle will get to accompany me on her first business trip because we're staying in the Wilson Inn. And even though I havent left for Corpus yet, I'll already know what hotspots I'll hit. Bring on the Fermins.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    hahahahaha
    hahahahaha
    hahahahaha

    [I am glad you have finally gotten this Calallen nonsense out of your system and not realize that you live in the land of the Seagull Flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 PM

    bark bark bark!

    [Stop off in Beeville and visit me! I looooove Annabelle!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Oh yeah, like that's really going to work, you dumb dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Why did you quit, dude? We know where you live, we will find you. You will wear the ears and like it!

    ReplyDelete