Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Alice Por Vida

Due to some technical difficulties on the side of the county, I'm not leaving tomorrow at lunch as was scheduled. The fact of the matter is, I'll probably be here until the end of the day on Friday at least... Well, at least I have home cooking and familiar faces to come back to. I'll enjoy this time with my family. Commuting to Alice each morning isn't a great thrill though. On the way there this morning I remember one thing I didn't like about this place (other than the mosquito population) and that is the fog. Heavy fog slowed traffic to below 50 on the highway this morning. Made a long, boring morning commute even longer...

Other things that made the day awkward included: 1. Chris having the great idea of bringing Pigs in Blankets to the clients for breakfast. (Better read as: Chris bringing the Catholics meat for breakfast on Ash Wednesday). 2. Having the county judge start a conversation with me from a stall in the bathroom. 3. Telling the IT guy "Nice to meet you," and him replying, "Hey, we went to Calallen, I already know you." My bad on all 3 counts.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 PM

    Why is #2 your fault? Did you not follow the culture of Alice? I thought not talking while in the bathroom was the law everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:20 PM

    howl howl hooooooowwwwwwl!
    [We hate wildcats]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:21 PM

    Hey, don't get all mad at me, I am only an hour and a half late. It's not like we're UPS or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Why don't you bring Annabelle to visit me? I am only 30 minutes away! Just take 359 out of Alice north to Skidmore and take 181 to Beeville. I am the dog in the yard. I love cats. fried

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Oh my goodness! Did I say that out loud? I mean, I like cats. I like to share fries with them, yeah, that's the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Hey you stupid dog, are you talking English again?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:23 PM

    arf?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:24 PM

    You know, if she can speak English, maybe she isn't that dumb?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:24 PM

    Oh, not you too. Don't you have some illegal activities you are suppose to be doing right now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:41 PM

    meow?

    ReplyDelete
  11. IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO POST SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL. IT IS MARCH, AND THE END OF MARCH AT THAT.
    XOXOX, LOVE YOURS
    CLAYTON

    ReplyDelete