Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recent Trips

This is a shot of where my GPS tracker has caught me over the past 6 months.
















I like to use this tracker for this very reason. Just so I can pull up a map and look at it. It chronicles my adventures. Not too exciting, but somewhat interesting to me alone.

I'll be expanding this map pretty soon with an upcoming trip to Seattle/Vancouver. Most of this map is obviously centered in Texas, with brief trips to NC and Florida. I'll be expanding the Florida portion real soon also. I did make a brief trip to Nevada and a short stop in Arizona this year, but that was almost 11 months ago.

Favorite Trip? North Carolina. I enjoyed the rounds we made to the different Universities and visiting the "College Towns." Though, not as high profile as the others, I liked the hospitality at NC STate. The campus at Duke was the nicest I've seen.

Favorite Trip in Texas? I always enjoy the trips to Alpine. I got a short visit when I was there last, though the Holland Hotel was closed for renovations without informing me. Punks.

Favorite New Trip in Texas? I've been to Boerne before, but never stayed over night. I enjoyed the quaint city. Lots of interesting people, good food and finally a nice hotel!

Least Favorite Trip? Well, Laredo is not on there (I went early in the summer), so it's got to be Beaumont. I'm there way too often. It's the worst. At least I got to stay clear of the panhandle.

2 comments: